Diverse Voices & Portraits worked with community groups to gather stories. Here are some of the ways we conducted our outreach:
Workshop at Moberly Arts and Culture Centre:
Exhibition at the Richmond Art Gallery Art Lounge
In conjunction with the exhibition: LANDED by Esra Ursen, DV&P screened selected stories in the Art Lounge.
We invited folks to write their responses anonymously on post-it notes to the questions below.
1. Have you ever felt like an outsider?
2. Have you ever faced discrimination?
3. Where did you get/ find support?
4. How did it make you feel to be discriminated against?
5. Do you feel like you can celebrate your culture here?
Here is a selection of some of the responses: